You must be wondering how do I change my AOL password. Changing passwords is the necessity sometimes, as you suspect that your account has been hacked. You should choose a new one which is hard to crack to anyone, which you can easily remember. It is always recommended that choosing the password characters also contain some special characters which make it difficult to deduce. But at the end of the day what matters is, your password shouldn’t be forgotten. But to change AOL email password is not at all an uphill task, as it should be part of your drill to change password on AOL mail once or twice in a year.
How to Change AOL Password on iPhone/ iPad
In case you are using the AOL mobile application on iPhone or iPad, you can easily change AOL password without any hassles. Change AOL password on iPhone with these necessary steps:
- On any iOS device, tap the AOL mobile app.
- Select the gear icon which says ‘Settings’. It is located at the bottom right corner of the screen
- Next, you have to go on the Support section and tap on ‘Privacy Dashboard’
- Your Privacy Dashboard tab gives the option that says: ‘Your Account’
- Tap Your Account section, on the right-hand side it will ask you to tap ‘ Edit Account Info’
- Next, it will give you the Personal Info screen. On the extreme left corner, you will see three horizontal lines menu icon.
- Select Account Security
- The next screen gives you the option to change your password. Tap Change Password.
- Tap the password box and it will give you two boxes to fill – New Password and Confirm New Password.
- Enter the new AOL com change password and Tap Continue button.
- At last, the confirmation screen will appear that display the option for recovery email address and recovery phone number. To add the recovery details is totally optional. Tap ‘Done’ and inbox is easily accessible by changing the AOL password.
Tips for Choosing and Using a new password
We usually select our password based on the names or places that are relatable closely to our life events, favorite places or person as we never tend to forget. That’s a human tendency! But it is not the quantity of the characters that we choose to build our password, but the quality. You can choose the AOL email password by any name or contact number but all you need to do is add a little uniqueness to it so that it would be difficult to deduce as well as easy to remember. Here are some tips on how to change password on AOL email ;
- Keep it simple silly! It is always recommended to choose a relatively simple sentence minus the space between them. It could be one of your favorite quotes but you should spell it correctly.
- Always keep the first letter of the password in the capital form.
- Change your AOL password at every frequent interval. Once or twice in a month is recommendable.
- AOL com change password required minimum 8 letters along with the usage of special characters like @,#,$,! And many more.
- While inserting any special character it is important to add at least two of them. You can use it at the beginning, in the middle or at the end as you should always remember their placement.
Change AOL email password is also about deleting your web browsers history, cookies and installing a reliable antivirus for your system that will keep firewall activate which defends the system from tailgating and hacking.
How to Change AOL Email Password on Android?
Do you know how to change AOL password on your android phone? We did comprehensive and thorough research to make your life easier whether you deliberately want to change your password while you still remember or you might have forgotten it. Have a look!
When you remember the AOL password but still want to change it?
- You can use the mobile app for this. Initiate sign-in on the mobile browser
- Click on the setting and tap on change password
- It will ask you to enter the current password along with asking to create a new one.
- Enter the current one while inserting the new one and also it will ask you to confirm the new one.
- Tap on save the password
Voila! You can access the new password to access AOL mail.
When you forgot of existing password and want to create a new one to continue AOL mail access?
- Initiate the Sign-in process on your mobile browser
- Click on forgot password
- It will take you to the next page where you have to select the security questions and answer them.
- Once successfully done, it will ask you to enter the new AOL password to access email
- Click on Save and Continue button for uninterrupted AOL email access.
How to Change AOL Password on PC
We are going to enlighten you on how to change AOL email password using your web browser on your desktop. Here is the answer on how to change your AOL password :
- Go to any web browser (Google Chrome, Safari, Opera or Internet Explorer), then log in with your AOL username and existing password.
- Then, Go to the account section, at the top right corner of the screen, which gives you all the information related to your profile and account information.
- After that, Go the ‘Personal Info’ tab inside where it will give you the option to select ‘Account Security’)
- In the ‘Account Security’ panel, it will give you features like How to sign in along with that you can see the option that says ‘Change Password’
- It will give you three options – Current Password, New Password and Confirm New Password. Insert your new AOL com change password. After filling all the three boxes, click on Continue. While inserting your new password it will also give the rating on your level of difficulty while choosing your password
- On the next page, it will give you confirmation. Also, you will be asked to add your recovery email address and recovery phone number in order to create a backup when you forget your password. But you can add these details as per your convenience, though it is recommended but not required.
How do I Change My AOL Password
Feeling little conscience of security on your current password. We will guide you on how to change the password on the AOL email. This is where you should be right now. There are numerous reasons why you should change your password. Not having a reason to change your AOL password is also one of the credible reasons to alter it as nobody wants to compromise when it comes to secure your crucial information lied into your digital devices.
Reset Your AOL Password via Email Address
- On the sign-in page, insert your AOL username along with the password
- Click on the option ‘ Forgot Password’, to initiate the recovery of your password.
- The next page will give you three options and one of them would be ‘recover via email address’.
- You would be asked to verify your information while giving you access to the recovery mail address. Click ‘Yes’ to send you a verification link on your recovery email address.
- Log in to your recovery email account and you would be having a mail related to change AOL password that gives you the link to verify your access in order to retrieve your password.
- With the link, there is also a Unique Code as the verification link will take to another page where it will ask you to insert the credentials from a unique code.
- Once done, click continue and it will take you to the screen asking you to insert New AOL Password.
- Add your new password in the field box as well as in the ‘Confirm New Password’ field box. Click on Save.
The information for the new password is saved. That’s it!
Reset AOL Password via Security Questions
- Go to the Sign-in page and insert the username
- Select to click ‘I forgot my Password’ to initiate the retrieval of your forgotten AOL password.
- The next page gives you three options. Select recovery via Security questions.
- A bunch of question pops up, now type the appropriate answer of the related questions. Once done, click on the ‘Verify It’ button.
- Click the ‘Continue’ button and it will take you to the reset password page.
- The reset password page asks you to insert the new password and the additional field that says, ‘Confirm New Password’
- Click on the ‘Save and Continue’ button to finish the task.
Reset AOL Password via Phone Number
- In order to do that, enter your sign-in information at the login page.
- Click ‘Forgot Password’ to recover your AOL password
- Among the three options listed, all you need to do is to select ‘Recover via Phone Number’
- Enter the last four digits of your phone number that matches with the recovery number you have registered with your AOL email account.
- In case you didn’t find the field to insert the missing number, choose among ‘Yes, send me verification code’ or ‘Call me with verification code’ button as per your choice for modus operandi.
- Next, insert the given code in the required field box and click the ‘Continue and Save’ button to change AOL password.
Some Popular Tags: Change AOL Password, How to Change AOL Password, AOL Mail Change Password, AOL.com Change Password, Change AOL Password on iPhone